Student Organization Requirements
All Student Organizations and Clubs involved with children and youth programs are required to register their programs with the Children and Youth Safety at Cornell
- If your student organization is registered with Campus Activities Office, then complete the following steps:
- Review and complete the CYS Program Planning Checklist.
- Register your program involving children or youth with Children and Youth Safety.
- Enter the student organization members in the program staff area to begin the background checks and sex offender searches by the University's third-party vendor Sterling.
- Student organization members must complete the three volunteer forms found on the Risk Management and Insurance website.
- The completed volunteer forms must be uploaded to the registered program.
- Student organization members must read and understand University Policy 8.8, Children and Youth Safety.
- Student organization members must know how to report an incident involving a child or youth.
- Student organization members must know how to report an injury or illness with a child or youth.
- All children and youth must have a parental permission/waiver form signed by their parent/legal guardian.
- The signed forms must be uploaded to the registered program.
- A list of participating children and youth must be uploaded to the registered program.
- The list should contain the first and last names of the children and youth
- Program director must check “Attestation” box after all requirements are completed
After the CYS Program Administrator has provided approval, the program may begin on the registered start date.
- If your student organization is not registered (or you are not sure) through the Campus Activities Office:
- Contact the Campus Activities Office to get your student organization registered.
- Then follow the above steps 1 through 12.